Would You Still Visit Disney Parks with Restrictions due to Coronavirus
It’s been a mere 4 days since Walt Disney World closed due to the virus but it feels like a month already. As the situation continues to unfold and with no real date in sight for reopening there are rumors floating around that the powers that be are hard at work thinking of ways they could open the parks back but with some restrictions, the rumors include:
- Re-opening the parks in phases with a limited selection of attractions and shows that can be adapted to capacity and guests spacing needs.
- Limiting the number of people in indoor queue spaces. This may see the use of virtual queues, similar to the Boarding Groups that were deployed for the opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Eliminating entertainment that requires close gathering, such as nightly firework shows and parades.
- Table Service restaurant capacity reduced to maintain a maximum 50% occupancy with tables being spaced at least 6ft apart.
- No queuing at quick service restaurants, with Mobile Order via My Disney Experience taking its place for all transactions.
- Suspending meet and greets with face characters, which includes the Disney princesses.
- Reducing maximum capacity of buses and monorails.
- Continuation of hand washing stations and sanitizers throughout property
What do you think? would you visit the parks with these restrictions in place?