Walt Disney World has a wide array of resorts, from Value to Deluxe, there are so many accommodations to choose from and what amenities are offered in each of them can be a decisive point when picking one resort over another.
The resort pool is probably one of the most popular amenities, kids love to play in it, adults love to lounge around it. Fortunately each Walt Disney World Resort hotel features a pool but the “cool” factor will vary from one to another. Many people think that once you are staying on property you can actually use any of the resort pools but this is untrue. Below are the guidelines and restrictions when you consider pool hopping.
Walt Disney World Resort Guest Pool Hopping:
Walt Disney World Resort Guests may only use the pool(s) located at the Resort in which the Guest is staying. Pool hopping to other Resorts is not allowed, except for the following instances:.
- Guests staying at Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts may utilize the pools at both Port Orleans Resort – Riverside and Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter.
- Guests staying at Disney’s All-Star Resorts may utilize all the pools at All-Star Sports Resort, All-Star Music Resort and All-Star Movies Resort.
- Guests staying at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge may utilize pools at Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House and Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village.
- Guests staying at Disney’s BoardWalk Resorts may utilize pools at BoardWalk Inn and BoardWalk Villas.
- Guests staying at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort may utilize the pool at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- However, Guests staying at Disney’s Contemporary Resort may NOT utilize the pool at Bay Lake Tower.
- Guests staying at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge may utilize the pool at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.
Disney Vacation Club Pool Hopping:
When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or Disney’s Vero Beach Resort:
- You and any Guests staying with you are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity.
- If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability.
- You must present your MagicBand or current Key to the World card with your “DVC Member” designation on it to use the other select Resort hotel pools.
- Pool hopping is not available at:
- Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Copper Creek Springs Pool and Boulder Ridge Cove Pool at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Dunes Cove Pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- The Lava Pool and Oasis Pool at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- The pools at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- The pools at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
There are no exceptions to this policy.
DVC Pool Hopping Blockout Dates:
Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and any Guests staying with you may not pool hop during the following dates*:
- Friday, May 24, 2019 through Monday, May 27, 2019
- Sunday, June 30, 2019 through Saturday, July 6, 2019
- Friday, August 30, 2019 through Monday, September 2, 2019
- Monday, November 25, 2019 through Saturday, November 30, 2019
- Friday, December 20, 2019 through Thursday, January 2, 2020