The Fourth of July is one week away and the parks at Walt Disney World Resort are gearing up to celebrate our nation’s birthday with entertainment, scrumptious treats and patriotic pageantry! If you’re joining us, we have some highlights and tips on how to make your Independence Day extra magical.
Magic Kingdom Park – “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” will offer booming fireworks orchestrated to patriotic melodies at Magic Kingdom Park on both July 3 and July 4 at 9:15 p.m. Here’s more entertainment planned at Magic Kingdom Park:
- A fuzzy cast of Muppets – Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie Bear and friends will reenact famous moments in American history in a whimsical way during “The Muppets Present … Great Moments in History.” The live show is performed several times daily near the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square.
- Guests can dance the night away with DJs spinning tunes at a Hoedown Throwdown in Frontierland and an out-of-this-world Galactic Gathering in Tomorrowland.
Epcot – “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will end its nearly 20-year run on September 30, 2019. So this will be the last chance to experience the patriotic Fourth of July grand finale of this beloved nighttime spectacular. “The Heartbeat of Freedom” fireworks extravaganza will begin immediately following the 9 p.m. “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” display. Here’s more entertainment planned at Epcot:
- The Voices of Liberty will perform great American tunes during a Fourth of July concert on the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. on July 4. The group also will perform in the rotunda inside The American Adventure pavilion at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Guests can meet favorite Disney characters donning their “Spirit of 76” patriotic attire at The American Adventure throughout the day on July 4.
- And guests can indulge in themed eats and sips honoring Independence Day throughout the park – everything from patriotic cupcakes and special dining packages to red, white, and blue sangria and a Boom Berry Lemonade.
Also, be on the lookout for special Fourth of July decor at Disney Springs and specialty Food and Beverage items at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and at select Walt Disney World Resorts.
Join us as we celebrate the red, white and blue this Fourth of July at the Walt Disney World Resort! We will be live from Magic Kingdom on the 3rd for a special Flag retreat and fireworks and from Epcot on the 4th to enjoy the Voices of Liberty and Illuminations with the 4th of July tag. You can watch both right here.