Cast members of the Walt Disney World Resort have a new tool on their internal website with information and updates on the COVID-19 more popularly known as the Coronavirus.
The Cast Members, through this new internal page have access to up to date CDC news, how to videos and a hotline where they can ask questions related to this virus.
Some of the information shared is the same that CDC has shared with the public, stressing the importance of hand washing, not touching your face and coughing into a tissue or sleeve. Specific to the WDW Resort is
- Training for cast members, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
- Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Easy access to hand washing facilities and hand sanitizers
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
- End of day sanitation procedures for restroom, kitchen, and other facilities
- Frequent cleaning and “wash down” of outdoor locations, including walkways and queues
We have seen an increase in hand sanitizing stations around the parks.
As of the publishing of this article Florida has 12 reported cases of the Coronavirus with 2 confirmed deaths, all Central Florida Theme Parks continue to be open and operating in regular form.