Here at Streaming the Magic we are so excited for the reopening Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15.
Some important news was released for guests with upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and we wanted to make sure to share it with you!
Disney will once again be using virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app to secure a boarding group for the popular attraction; Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance!
The most important change to note is that – as availability allows – guests will have an opportunity at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue. This means there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue.
In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
Whether it’s your first trip to Batuu or you have joined the fight against the First Order before, there are a few important details to know before you arrive:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, cast members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park will be available to assist. While you wait for your virtual queue group to be called, you can enjoy other experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
For other attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney plans to use our regular standby queues to manage capacity and to maintain physical distancing.
Stay tuned to Streaming the Magic for all updates on Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Walt Disney World Resort reopening!