If you’re like many Disney Fans, you can’t wait to finally be able to return to the parks. Here are a few things you should be prepared for that you might not be thinking about.
- Long Lines for Magic Express: One of the most exciting & tragic parts to the Disney World trip experience is the Magical Express. The excitement of being picked up at MCO airport and taken to your Disney World resort is hard to measure, especially for the kids. However, lines have been stretching from one end of the airport to the other, with Disney World guests waiting to board the express. Some people have reported 30 minute wait times which isn’t bad while others have reported two hours!
- Wait Times At Resort Pools: Before Covid, it was easy to access your Disney Resort pool. Now however, due to capacity limits, you might be put on a waiting list. Given the Spring Break/Easter crowds, pools have been at capacity for most of the resorts.
- Park Hours & Availability Changing: Be sure to monitor the Disney World park hours & available reservations. As Disney tries to slowly return to normal, they’re frequently adjusting park hours based on their forecasts of crowd sizes. What the hours show four weeks from today might be different in two weeks. Also, if there’s a park that’s at capacity one day, a reservation might open up the next day so keep checking. Even if you’re staying on property, you still need to make a park reservation.
- Not All Water Parks are open: Usually, by this time of the year, both of Disney’s water parks are open. However, Disney has so far only reopened Blizzard Beach. No word yet on when Typhoon Lagoon will be given the green light to reopen. Note: April 1st marks Blizzard Beach’s 25th anniversary!
- Disney World’s Mask Policy: Even though you might be traveling from a location that has recently lifted mandatory mask requirements, Disney World has not. The only exceptions are if you’re eating or in a pool. You can find more information about Disney World’s mask policy by clicking here.
As always, if you need help planning your next Disney World reservation, message our Facebook page. We can put you in touch with a FREE Disney World travel agent. The biggest advantage to a Disney World travel agent, is that it’s FREE. They do all the work for you, so you can focus on the all the fun parts to planning a Disney trip.