Disney’s Skyliner, the brand new transportation system, will take to the sky officially transporting guests on September 29th, here are some stats and travel tips to know ahead of time:
- The system will connect Art of Animation/Pop Century, Caribbean Beach Resort, Riviera Resort (opening later this year) Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot’s International Gateway
- Each ride is only 5 to 15 minutes depending on origin and destination. Gondolas leave by the second on this continuous moving system.
- Operating hours will be adjusted as park hours change but the system will accommodate guests wishing to go to Extra Magic Hours. They are planned to open about an hour before park opening and stay open until around 2 hours after the park closes. (Ask front desk of the resort)
- While the system is equipped with lightning protection the plan is to disembark guests before lightning storms occur and have buses ready to transport if the system needs to shut down.
- Guests can bring food and beverages on board, just no glass containers.
- Cabins have a cross ventilation system for sufficient air flow and reflective windows to prevent direct sunlight.
- Each cabin can fit 10 guests. It also can accommodate guests with wheelchairs or ECV’s up to 32″ wide, along with 5 other guests.
- Guests needing additional assistance will be able to embark and disembark while the cabin remains stationary on a separate line.
- Strollers and service animals will also be allowed.