Scuba Diving… at Walt Disney World?
Are you a diver who’s always wanted to join the fish at The Seas with Nemo & Friends at EPCOT? When you book the EPCOT Seas Adventures – DiveQuest, an Enchanting Extras Collection experience, you can!
Divers can take the plunge into the massive 5.7-million-gallon saltwater aquarium at EPCOT, and swim with over 2,000 sea creatures! Clear waters and the absence of currents provide the most amazing views of sea turtles, reef fish, stingrays and sharks.
Have a non-diving family member or friend with you? With the pavilion’s 56 giant windows, family members and friends can watch as you make under the sea memories throughout your experience.
EPCOT Seas Adventures – DiveQuest lasts 2 hours, and Guests spend approximately 40 minutes on the actual dive. Participants also get a backstage tour to see the inner workings of the massive aquarium!
To participate, you must be SCUBA-certified. If you aren’t, no worries, Disney has a second option! Guests who seek an encounter of the aquatic kind but are not SCUBA-certified should look into the EPCOT Seas Adventures – Dolphins in Depth, also located at The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion.
Interested in booking this Enchanting Extras experience? Advance reservations are highly recommended, as availability is limited. Guests looking to make reservations can do so online here, or via the My Disney Experience app. Same-day reservations and walk-ins can be made on a limited basis and are subject to availability.
Disney provides a few know before you go guidelines for this under the sea adventure:
- Friends or family members are not allowed behind the scenes for this tour. However, they can view your dive through any of the 56 giant acrylic windows at The Seas with Nemo & Friends! The best location for friends and family to view your dive is from the upstairs viewport in the tunnel of The Seas with Nemo & Friends, approximately 40 minutes after your tour begins. Park admission is required for Guests wishing to view divers.
- Proof of SCUBA certification is required for this program. All Guests must be ages 10 or older in order to participate. All minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- All diving equipment is provided. Personal diving equipment is not permitted, though you may bring your own dive mask.
- A bathing suit is required to enter the water. Locker rooms with free lockable lockers, towels, shampoo, and hair dryers will be provided. Shorty wetsuits will be provided in men’s sizes XS to 5X and women’s XS to 5X.
- No cameras, video equipment or cell phones may be used while backstage.
- No jewelry of any kind other than a watch is allowed in the aquarium.
- Please check in at Guest Relations, located near the Main Entrance of EPCOT, 15 minutes prior to the start of your experience. You will forfeit the entire price of your tour if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation.
- Guests must transfer from their motorized scooter or electric convenience vehicle (ECV) to an available wheelchair, and later transfer from the wheelchair into the water.
Would you love to dive with the sea creatures at EPCOT?
For more information about other Enchanting Extras Collection experiences at Walt Disney World, check out the Enchanting Extras Collection website here.
Stay in the know! Follow Streaming the Magic on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for the latest Disney, Universal, and theme park news.