Plant-Based Dishes Coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World
For all you foodie fans and vegetarians and vegans alike, good news. Starting real soon all of Disney’s major quick and table service restaurants will be serving up plant-based options at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort – along with a new plant-based menu icon coming to Disney dining. Guests will now be able to choose from hundreds of sweet and savory creations, including many brand-new dishes destined to become fan favorites.
Guests have embraced the plant-based offerings at the parks around the globe, inspiring Disney to expand the menu and introduce a new menu icon, a green leaf, that will make it easier than ever to find these creations during your visit.
These fun and flavorful options are made from plant-based ingredients like vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes – and are made without animal meat, dairy, eggs or honey. From comfort-food classics to exciting new dishes for the adventurer in all of us, everyone will find something to delight their tastebuds.
On October 1 at quick service locations and October 3 at table service locations, Walt Disney World Resort will launch the plant-based menu icon and introduce new options at the theme parks and resort hotels. If you’re craving tasty plant-powered snacks and treats during your visit, you can explore more than 400 craveable dishes!
Here are some of the items to look for:
- Steamed Asian Dumplings from Le Cellier at Epcot– You’ll love these plant-based meat dumplings, served with bok choy, Chinese long beans, red peppers and radish in a delicious and fragrant Asian broth.
- Shiriki Noodle Salad from Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen at Magic Kingdom Park – This refreshing salad is made with noodles, edamame beans, mushrooms, green mango and cucumber, tossed with a sweet chili sauce.
- Felucian Garden Spread from Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort) – Made with plant-based “kefta,” herb hummus, tomato-cucumber relish and pita, this is the perfect bite for your visit to a galaxy far, far away.
- Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu Bowl from Satu’li Canteen at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – This taste of Pandora features crispy tofu, seasoned with chili-spice and topped with a crunchy vegetable slaw, boba balls and your choice of base and sauce.
- Plant-Based Cashew Cheescake from California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Just one of many scrumptious plant-based desserts available at Walt Disney World Resort.