Yesterday we had the privilege to be invited to our first ever Disney Media Day. Disney invites media several times a year to showcase their various special events or during openings of new lands and attractions.
Our first event of the night was dedicated to the Food and Wine Festival. On hand were chefs, merchandise specialist and entertainers giving us demonstrations and details on the various offerings that happen during this very popular, annual event.
First stop was a talk with chefs Al Youngman and Chef Daniel Contreras. They were gracious to share with us all the new food offerings coming to the festival, you can watch the interview here:
We were also able to see the complete line of Food and Wine merchandise that will be offered, including Annual Passholder merchandise.
We were treated with a surprise by N’Sync member and Orlando resident Joey Fatone, he announced that himself along with friends will be performing during the Eat to The Beat concert series.
Brand new information that was releases yesterday:
Global Marketplaces, opening Oct. 1
- NEW! The Donut Box Global Marketplace – featuring items like Sweet Corn Fritter with Fresno and red pepper jelly, plus Strawberry-dusted Yeast Donut Holes
- NEW! Cool Wash Global Marketplace – create your own frozen beverages with slushy flavors ranging from Blue Raspberry to Orange Cream, personalized with a variety of mix-in options like Swedish Fish and Pop Rocks
Eat to the Beat Concert Series
The tastiest concert series around runs from Aug. 29-Nov. 19 this year, and will feature a broad menu of performers. Here’s the latest additions to the line-up:
- 12-14 – NEW! Joey Fatone and Friends, featuring Chris Kirkpatrick and Ryan Cabrera
- 16-17 – Smash Mouth
Disney Du Jour Dance Party
This dance party is offered seven days a week! On Sundays-Thursday, a DJ leads the fun; on Fridays-Saturdays, catch Radio Disney stars including these recently-announced artists:
- 27-28 – Isabella Nicole (“Headphones”)
- 4-5 – Avenue Beat (“Delight”)
- 1-2 – AJ Mitchell (“All My Friends”)
- 8-9 – Kylie Cantrall (“That’s What I’m Talkin’ Bout”)
- 15-16 – Erin Bowman (“Keep Me Warm”)
- Nov. 22-23 –Tegan Marie (“Horses”)
The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival begins August 29th and runs through November 23rd. For complete information on the festival you can click here.