Droids are a huge part of the Star Wars Universe, from the beloved R2D2 to the new member of the family that we will meet in Rise of Skywalker, D-O, they become best friends, side-kicks or even adversaries. Now you can visit a workshop stocked with parts, chips, manuals and other tech items useful for constructing your very own droid.
The store itself is fun to visit even if you are not building a droid. They have ready made droids like R2D2 and DJ Rex, this is also the place where you can buy your very own, customized, life size and fully operational R2 unit for $25k.
But if you want to build your own droid here’s what you need to do.
You pick a BB-series unit or R-series unit with the clerk, who’ll provide a basket and blueprint for parts. Next, proceed to the following stations and begin your droid-building experience.
Select from a colorful variety of components to customize your droid as they roll by on the shop’s conveyor belt:
- Dome Connection Plate
- Body Sphere
- Center Leg
- Set of Side-Legs
Here you’ll follow simple “placemat” instructions or graphic monitor displays to assemble your droid in the proper sequence. Once complete, your droid will be paired with a remote control and activated as you watch it come to life! Remember if you need help the shop clerks will be happy to assist, but they try to be as hands off as possible, after all this is your own unique creation.
- $99.99 per astromech droid unit, plus tax
- Carry box and instructions included
- Various personality-affiliation chips and other accessories are available for an additional charge
- Age Recommendation: 3+
- The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
- Custom astromech droid units are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts
- The Droid Depot experience is subject to availability and reservations may be required
- If reservations are required, late arrivals may not be accommodated
Here is a video of the store, the set up and what to expect: