We’ve all been there, we really want to go on that multi-day trip to the theme parks but where do we leave our beloved furry friend? Our dogs are part of our family and it is really hard to leave them behind for long periods of time. But thankfully if you are visiting Walt Disney World Resort or Universal Orlando Resort you won’t need to do that, bring the pups and they will get special treatment.
Over at Walt Disney World, for $50 additional a night they will get:
- At check-in, guests receive Pluto’s Welcome Kit which includes a collection of dog-friendly items.
- Designated dog walk and relief areas
- Pet merchandise at the participating resorts (available for purchase)
- While there are no in-room services available at this time, Best Friends Pet Care does provide services like doggie day care at its nearby facility on Disney property.
Walt Disney World Resorts that are currently dog friendly are: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort , Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort ,Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75 a night and Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort
Over at Universal Orlando Resort, most of Universal’s hotels are pet friendly. They are Loews Royal Pacific Hotel, Universal’s Hard Rock Hotel, Universal’s Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando. The hotels offer the Loews Loves Pets program, which provides amenities ($100 per stay) made especially for our four-legged friends. Some of these amenities include:
- Specialized bedding, leashes, collars and litter boxes with litter and scoopers
- Special treats
- Pet walking and sitting services
- Water bowls, place mats, dog-walking route maps and much more
You can even request a gourmet room service menu for both cats and dogs if you really want to take it to the next level.
When considering these two properties for your next vacation with your beloved pooch please be aware of their pet policies and happy traveling.