October 4th will be a busy day at Disney Springs as two very big franchises will debut all new merchandise, Star Wars and Frozen.
Triple Force Friday is the anticipated Star Wars release of merchandise from Rise of Skywalker in theaters this December. The event officially kicks off the evening of Oct. 3 when World of Disney and The LEGO Store will be open from midnight until 3 a.m. (Oct. 4), giving you access to purchase new galactic finds. Guests will want to plan to get here a little early so they can enjoy some other out-of-this-galaxy happenings in the Marketplace.
Here are a few important tips and can’t-miss happenings for the event:
- Be sure to check-in and get a numbered wristband near Basin starting at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 3 from an Event Cast Member. BONUS: Guests who receive a virtual queue wristband will receive a special offer from The VOID so you can check out Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire while you countdown the minutes to midnight. (Valid only until 11 p.m. on Oct. 3. See location for more details.)
- Parking will be available in the Lime or Grapefruit garage for closest access to the event happenings.
- Come hungry! Starting at 9 p.m., themed treats and snacks will be available for purchase, including mini Chewbacca cakes from Amorette’s Patisserie and themed cocktails at select Outdoor Vending Carts—plus Lightsaber Churros starting at 11 p.m. (All available while supplies last.) The Guest-favorite Breakfast Poutine from The Daily Poutine will also return and be available until 3 a.m.
- Once you’re fueled up and ready to party head over to the Marketplace Stage from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. for a galactic dance party and mix and mingle with fellow Star Wars fans.
- Please note that if you’re not able to attend the midnight release, products will be available at select locations across Walt Disney World Resort on Oct. 4.
Other fun and family-friendly happenings throughout the weekend include special activations from The LEGO Store including:
- LEGO Millennium Falcon Build: Work with Master Builders Chris Steininger and Erik Varszegi to help build a massive LEGO Millennium Falcon all weekend long, from Friday, Oct. 4-Sunday, Oct. 6 from 12 p.m.-7 p.m daily.
- Imperial Star Destroyer Set Signing: Get your set signed when you meet by LEGO Star Wars Senior Designer, Henrick Anderson and Creative Director, Jens Kronvold Frederiksen on Sunday, Oct. 6 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Star Wars Panel: Bringing the Galaxy to Life: Join our expert Guests from LEGO and Walt Disney Imagineering as they discuss what it’s like to bring Star Wars to life on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 7:30 p.m.
Also debuting on Oct. 4 are new “Frozen”-inspired products as part of #FrozenFanFest to celebrate the highly-anticipated debut Disney’s “Frozen 2,” in theatres on November 22. Swing by World of Disney and find everything from toys, apparel, accessories and more worth melting for (it’s perfect time to get a head start on holiday shopping!).