It was announced today that Universal Studios Orlando would begin the phased re-opening of its resorts, on June 2nd 2020.
The phased reopening of the Resort Hotels will include the following:
- Hard Rock Hotel
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort- Surfside Inn and Suites
Plans for Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites will be announced at a later time.
Universal Orlando’s resort hotels have enhanced their standards and protocols throughout their operations. These enhancements, which are subject to change as guidance from health and government officials are updated, currently include:
• Guests, team members and vendors are required to wear face coverings in public areas.
• Team members and vendors will be required to have temperature checks upon arrival. Those with temperatures of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be allowed to work.
• Guests will be asked to self-screen for COVID symptoms and quarantine orders prior to arrival/entrance
•Guests will have temperature checks upon arrival and return unless previously checked at the hotel that day prior to boarding our resort transportation system. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater after three checks, including one with a new thermometer, will be asked to seek medical attention and obtain medical clearance prior to being permitted to enter.
• Hand sanitizer stations in public areas and elevator landings
• Enhanced cleaning of guest rooms, meeting rooms and public areas with an EPA-approved cleaner and disinfectant
• All guest rooms will be serviced after checkout. When possible, guest rooms will be left vacant for 24-48 hours upon checkout, before thoroughly cleaning and checking in a new guest.
• Frequent cleaning of high-touch areas such as telephones, remote controls, door handles, light switches, elevators, and table tops, among others.
• Food & Beverage outlet capacities will be limited based on latest recommendations and guidelines.
• Guests and staff are required to practice social distancing; social distancing signs and reminders will be in high-traffic areas.
Several contactless experiences for guests, including hotel texting-services, express checkout and contactless room deliveries will be implemented.
Guests staying at Universal’s hotels between June 2nd and June 4th 2020, with a valid park ticket, will be invited to visit the parks on June 3rd and 4th 2020. If the theme parks reach capacity, hotel guests will NOT be impacted. Universal Studios will be accounting for hotel guests when setting capacity limits.
Early Park Admission will still be available for hotel guests as well. It will be scheduled for 8:00-9:00 am for Universal Studios Florida and 9:30-10:00 am at Universal’s Volcano Bay.
In addition, guests can purchase Universal Express for dates starting on June 8. Those staying at Hard Rock Hotel & Royal Pacific Resort can use complimentary Express access on any day of their visit. Premier Passholders will be able to use their express access after-4 pm Express benefit beginning June 8th 2020